Go International Careers
Register With Us
Our Esteemed Universities
Untitled Document
VISA > Go Australia
Every student seeking for high quality of education and training system in Australia for more than 3 months has to apply for the student visa. The study courses which are under 3 months of period will be considered for the visitor visa or working holiday visa. Visas will be issued by the Australian DIAC (Department of Immigration and Citizenship). It will be issued only if your study program is a fulltime registered course (which is offered by Australian government for international students) or a part of a registered course. Know more about Registered Courses .

Issuance of Australian student visa has become easy today, with the adaptation of e-visa system through the approved education agents. There are thirteen education agents in India that processes student visas electronically and provides a student’s supporting documents as electronic attachments.

The number of student visas being granted for the Indian students is steadily increasing. In the year of 1994-95, Australia has issued 270 student visas for Indian students, which in 2007 has grown to 97,035 and is also forecasted to reach 1,00,000 student visas every year, by 2025.

Student Visa Procedure :
The process of Australian student visa begins with the application for admission in university. Then an offer letter would be sent, based on which you need to complete the Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) process. It is always a good idea to wait till you get the guidance from the university to obtain a eCoE. They provide information regarding how to apply and what documents are required to enclose with the application. To complete the process, you have to make payment of tuition and other fees (Overseas Student Health Cover and application fee, if any)

Conditions for Student Visa :
Students going to Australia for education will be encircled by the laws of Commonwealth of Australia. Students have to strictly adhere to the set of rules determined by the host university. Australian government has provided a range of essential conditions that has to be abided by every student applying for Australian student visa. The following are some of them:

  • Students have to pursue a consistent study program that is recognized by the Australian government.
  • Students have to fulfill all the requirements of the study program.
  • Students have to maintain a valid enrolment - attendance requirements may apply
  • Students holding student visa can work without getting any additional permission.
  • Students are not allowed to work for more than 20 hours a week during their semester, except any specific permission.
  • Every student has to sustain their OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover) all the time in Australia.
  • Students under the age of 18 years have to arrange for their accommodation, support and general welfare provisions certified by the Australian government – DIAC. In case of changing the residence or other arrangements they have to get the written approval from the government.
  • Students are not allowed to stay in Australia beyond the visa expiry date, unless it is an extremely critical situation.

Visa documentation – requirements :
When lodging your application please place documents in the following order (from top down):
A. Financial documents (at top) – including financial matrix* evidence of funds and evidence of source of income
  • Official declaration from the applicant’s parents / sponsor stating the nature of their relationship to them. They should confirm they will support the applicant financially during their studies in Australia. The applicant must also include full contact details of their parents / sponsor (including residential address and postal address, if different, and telephone numbers)
  • Evidence of sponsor’s occupation and annual income – letter from the sponsor’s employer confirming employment, and including full contact details (address and telephone numbers), and sponsor’s personal bank statements and tax returns for the last 3 years;
  • Loan disbursement letter;
  • Chartered Accountant Statements of the financial sponsor and parent;
  • In the case of company sponsorship, balance sheet and bond signed with the company;
  • Evidence of income sourced from agriculture such as evidence of ownership and valuation of land, income statement from the regional authority (e.g. Patwari or Mandel office) and receipt of sales, and J forms;
  • Evidence of rental income such as evidence of ownership of property and lease deeds;
  • Evidence of retirement income such as letter from the company at the time of retirement stating amount of pension, and recent bank statement showing credit of pension to account.
"The following guide will answer most of your Study Abroad questions. If you don't find what you're looking for here, email us and we'll do our best to find the answer…"
Read More
I cannot explain in words how much Mr. Ramesh Pathi has helped me with the entire college process. On the very first meeting, Mr. Ramesh gave me a list of various check points for colleges that would need to be completed by certain dates. This really helped me to not procrastinate or miss any requirements or deadlines. Mr. Ramesh was always available to answer any questions and proof-read my applications (he even tests!). I greatly appreciate Mr. Ramesh’s help, and do not know what I would have done without his help."
-Archana Manchala Patel

Go international careers is a reliable and trustworthy organization which has transformed my dreams into reality. Their overseas education counseling is highly appreciable. Also, their services beginning from filling up the application form up to landing in the United Kingdom are outstanding. I feel extremely happy for the friendly education counseling given by them. Thanks Go International Careers for your excellent support."
- Pathi Teju